Monday, February 28, 2011

FASHION BOMB: BAD CHICKS BOMB FIRST...BOOM



( That's Me V on the Yard at my School HU Circa 2009 )


A couple days ago I was Blog browsing and I came across the new feature that fashionbombdaily has, Fashion Bomber/Bombshell. I was like, “yesss”. The first person I thought about was my pooh the niece, whenever we get together we def “Gets IT” so I submitted our pics some old a couple new, basically I stormed her email lol and she picked the handful she liked. I didn’t expect to be featured so soon. The blogger the lovely Claire asked me if we wanted open or closed comments. I asked the Niece and of course he wanted open I and I was fine with it, as I had been featured on a Blog before. Mind you a plus size blog YoungFatandFabulous (shout outs to Gabi love her), and it was all love even though I was nervous about that cause I am extra but I was always weary of the internet believe it or not but she asked me and I was in a way honored.  Anyway so the very next day after I got the email from Claire My friends started calling me and posting on Facebook and that’s how I found out we had been featured so soon like the next day. I had such a busy day that I wasn’t able to get into the comments until the last night. Can you say WOW. Lol. I was expecting comments and also maybe a few people to say things about me being fat but Okay you guys I def was Naïve to think it would be all good feedback. Double Lol. But when I saw there was an all out debate about whether fat is Ugly that I looked Messy etc. I was not going to live to be 35.I was a little taken a back. I really didn’t expect that at all. Maybe because I never put myself out there like that. In real life I have had people mostly dudes say to me when I’m not trying to talk to them, “you not all that Bi—.” etc. and if I’m around a new crowds of girls it takes a minute sometimes for them to get into me I guess. But I really, really did not expect that kind of feedback. At the END OF THE DAY I’m KILLIN THIS SHIT (Kanye voice lol) j/k but really that is the reason why I ultimately decided to add a personal style element to my blog. I’m not the Monique fat girl, “attention skinny bitches fat girl here” nor am I the uber nice fat girl in the corner decorating the wall and I’m not Super Bubbly fat girl wait maybe I am kind of bubbly on a good a day. People never really treat me like I'm fat meaning slouch or messy or whatever else  connotation FAT comes with .And I mean I know I am but I guess like I'm always the exception to the "rule" of how fat girls are viewed treated etc. But knowing that I am that exception knowing that my friends or people dont view other FAT Girls in a positive way for the most part ONLY because there Fat bothers me. But I won't draw this out but I guess my point is I’m a girl trying to find my way who loves clothes maybe as a bit of escapism and I happen to be Fat, like someone might happen to be thin or tall or short or light or dark . At the end of the Day Life is SO SHORT (and Yes prolly even shorter when your fat…Somebody’s Smart Ass) to not live it up as much as possible I don’t subscribe to the idea of, “Oh I’ll have fun if and when I lose weight, I’ll find the perfect guy go on the perfect vice etc. if an when I lose weight” I’m going to Do ME as much as possible NOW. Big, FAT, OBESE, THICK or Not. And I don’t apologise. My friened Jia said it best, some people are really uncomfortable with people who are comfortable with themselves. But you too can get like me by simply Daring to wear what you want do what you want say what you want for once.


Check out our FBD feature here !!!

But anywho you guys that my spill remember to walk in confidence cause you GETS nowhere without it







            
 - V aka FATZ Walston
           
PS My absolute fave comment was the Phyllis Hyman statement I think it was a come for but I love her can you say Iconic, Legendary, Doll…The Niece said I was giving  Ms. Hyman  that night too lol




8 comments:

  1. well I saw the feature on fashionbomb & as I was scrolling down through the pics, I was HOPING that you had a blog...(yay) I LOVE your style and admire your confidence..F*ck what the haters say...keep giving em sumthin to talk about

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw you on the Fashion Bomb as well. I definitly appreciate your post here. I'm glad you didn't let those unnecessary comments get you down. Side note: that font made it kind of difficult for me to read the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your looks, nice blog!


    http://oppositelipstick.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well stated girl! You're excellent, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanna say that I saw your feature on fashion bomb and like I said on FBD you and the niece are BAAAAAAADDDDD!
    Work it all day everyday!!
    Btw I am really glad you addressed the caricatures of bigger women. You are a person not a caricature and it is beautiful that you love and accept all the aspects of your personality. It def manifests in your style. Smh...I really need to step my game up fashion wise...
    Its been inspiring. Btw word up to "The Niece" (fly as can be) and mad love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Btw most of the rude comments were coming from one person posing as two or three people indulging in crazy internet schizo arguments.
    The majority of the blog was supportive tho.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey V!
    Thanks so much for submitting your pictures. There are a few Fashion Bomb trolls who leave nasty comments. I'm glad I picked up on the one who was leaving basically all the nasty comments on your post. They have been banned.
    At any rate, you are fabulous. Thanks so much for reading the bomb!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Everyone thanks for your feedback...@Pauline, Brittany and Opposite Lipstick def cute blog...@Cheri I myself recently went through a style rut I def think it's a matter of constantly finding new inspiration and personal style is a matter of cycles and you have to feel what your trying to "GIVE" but I def dedicate a lot of my post on youtube to how to's and such and that's been helping me climb back out of slouch mode lol... @Claire <3<3<3 thanks for our feature we got LIFE

    ReplyDelete