Monday, March 14, 2011

JUSTICE


Apparently Your Hair Has a VOICE...They Say it Speaks VOLUMES about your person... I've wanted The Justice's aka the Janet Jackson Braids every since I saw Little Neighborhood Gurls in My City wearing them back in '08...I'm not a Huge Fan of Braids because #1 I'm Extremely Tender Headed and #2 I like too change my hair Up and braids take so Long to get done that I literally will have them in my hair forever to avoid taking them out....But when I saw these Little Gurls wearing these big Rope Plaits it took me back to one of my Fave Films Poetic Justice and How Beautiful Janet was in the Movie all time Favorite Janet Look....I thought to Myself Yesss Maybe there Life for Braids after Puberty


I ran this idea by my friends only to recieve side Eyes and No No No's... I heard everything from Don't do that to yourself to FlatOut Laughs..."That's Def a Hood Look and it's Late" was the Synopsis of what was said...

Cut to Fall 2010 Solange Knowles Brings Back the Justice Braids...Tho alot of people clowned her she def gave validity to the Look that had since spread to NY and Philly and many a Blogging Chick... And when I ran the Idea of the style past my friends again I recieved alot of ..."They could Possibly be Flyy" and " I can see U with them"...But now I was questioning whether or not to get them with gradution pending I thought to Myself are they interview friendly what will they "GIVE"... You Know how You get drilled especially at HBCU's about professional appearance and Employable Marketability 

Longstory short I went for It and I'm kind of P'd that I waited like forever because ultimately I Love them even though I do kinda fell 15 with them...and I know for every couple people who Love the style their will 3 people thinking I'm yung and thuggin' Lol...Oh well Hair is Hair, U should always have fun with it...I just Might Not interview for a Month or So

Loving My Justice's... #JiggaBoo Status
HA !




Ur Thoughts ???


1 comment:

  1. Okay okay!!! I absolutely, positively LOVE that look on you! I know I said I would pretend not to know you, but you are rocking the SHIT outta dem braids gal! #ABeliever

    ReplyDelete