Friday, April 29, 2011

Motivation: " Look At Me Now I'm Gettin' PAPER"

                                                CONGRATULATIONS TO MY FRIEND NIA  


Nia My HU/DC "UREA" Homie and one of my Only Friends that's slightly a Little More Neurotic then Myself Found Out She's Graduating... We've Played Tag Team Slash Coach to Each Other these Last Few Semester's at Howard U...It's Been Middle of The Night/Midday  Breakdown Calls...Reminder Text and Emails and Countless Motivational Speeches... It's Crazy How You can find something in yourself to push those in your circle to keep going even when you want to quit your self... If You Didn't Go to a Backwards HBCU sans Rich Parents and have Big Dreams that You Had to Fund Yourself  and people telling you left and right "No You Can't", You have no Clue about what I'm Getting At in this Post Lol...But the Point is Today NIA WON... She's Blase She's Ambitious a Little Delusional But she Won and Now She 'Bout to continue to GO GET... Cheers to Her

The Other Day We Had a Conversation about Naysayers, Hateful people and FcukWit Professors with Low Self Esteems and Unchecked Egos and how we've navigated some of the roughest, nastiest personalities and she said this, "Gurrl but you know what I can NOT wait for the day That I've reached my first lil career Height and I can come back and see some of the people that called themselves holding me back, especially * BLANK *  smile in her face and say Look at Me Now"... and in unison we said "I'm Gettin' Paper"   in our Best Chris Brown Snotty Voices

I Love Chris Brown for that Come back Single It's Right to the Point , I did what you said I couldn't I'm doing what you wish you could I might have fell Off Been a Complete Mess But 

Look at Me Now I'm Gettin' Paper 

For Us That's The Motivation *Self Actualization* 

What's Your Motivation




5 comments:

  1. did you take this pic of her.....its awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Nia!!! It's all in the name ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, I luv that pic! Congratulations to Nia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeeesssss "Look at Me Now", this summer we will both be doing it big in NYC. OMG Thank you Valita so glad to have met someone like you at HU. I feel like I couldn't have made it through this last year without you. It's our time, we got this! And thank you to everyone.

    ReplyDelete